Senior Venue Technician
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Technical Coordinator
Phone: 0418 270 500
Location: Dubbo, NSW
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
The Senior Venue Technician is responsible for providing hands on support for shows and events as well as setting up and operating audio, lighting, vision and staging equipment at Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre and Wellington Civic Centre. The role will assist the Technical Coordinator to determine staffing, rostering and equipment requirements for functions, events and shows. The position holder is also required to be Duty Person for relevant events.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Work as part of a caring and fun-loving team on a wide range of productions and events including many of Australia’s major performing arts companies; and
- Be part of the ongoing development of the technical capabilities of the venues.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A TEAM MEMBER WHO CAN
- Interpret technical requirements and scheduling information and resources for incoming productions;
- Facilitate the setup and operation of audio, vision, lighting and staging equipment for shows, functions and events;
- Carry out relevant inductions;
- Work with clients to realise the requirements of their events within the capabilities of the venues; and
- Ensure infrastructure and equipment are maintained, repaired or replaced to achieve a safe and efficient working environment.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Solid experience and knowledge and operation of audio, lighting, vision or staging equipment and systems in theatres and convention and exhibition centres.
- Experience supervising and training casual staff.
- High level of customer service to a broad range of clients
- Experience and knowledge of WHS, Risk Management, emergency evacuation procedures related to the operations of a public function area / live theatre venue.
- Availability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
You have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and value integrity.
Additionally, you have excellent communication skills and are a team player who is motivated and continually looks to contribute to a positive team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program.
DRC also offers a variety of flexible working arrangements, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached job demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $66,016-$76,722 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 24 April 2023.
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Technical Coordinator – 0418 270 500.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page through the link below.
- You can save your application and return to it later by clicking on the ‘save for later’ button. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve your saved application.
- On the following page you’ll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)