Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: STC Recruitment
Phone: 02 9250 1700
Sydney Theatre Company (STC) is looking for a number of Sound & Video professionals to join our Company. Since 1978, Sydney Theatre Company has produced work that is – in the words of founding artistic director Richard Wherrett – “grand, vulgar, intelligent, challenging and fun.” A paradox as playful as our city.
In the 21st century, the company is dedicated to producing Australian works of ambition and scale. We create and share stories with artists and audiences that provide opportunities for reflection, revelation and joy. And we share our work widely through regional, national and international touring, partnerships and outreach activities.
Sydney Theatre Company encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, mature age workers, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTI+) people.
For a full copy of the Sydney Theatre Company’s Cultural Representation Pledge, please visit our website: https://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/about/stc-commitments/cultural-representation-pledge
The Set Constructor works within the Set Construction team to provide construction support on a range of STC productions, events and projects. They are supervised by the Deputy Head of Set Construction and report directly to the Head of Set Construction.
The Set Constructor will operate in both a workshop setting and in a range of theatres and venues. This will include but is not limited to the Sydney Opera House, the Roslyn Packer Theatre, the Wharf Theatres and a range of local and interstate venues.
- Proven experience in theatrical scenery construction (minimum of two years) within a large scale arts organisation or commercial scenery manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read, interpret and build to design plans and specifications
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Competency and willingness to work across multiple construction disciplines including carpentry and metal work.
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to remain calm, professional and positive under pressure
- A keen interest in the performing arts and an appreciation of theatre
- Trade or tertiary qualifications in a relevant live performance construction industry
- Experience in metal working, including MIG, TIG and Arc welding
- Forklift & EWP licenses preferred
- To access this complete job packs and selection criteria for each for each of these roles please go to our website: https://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/about/careers
- To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the following selection criteria. Please outline which role you are applying for.
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications is 9am Friday 12 August 2022.
*Applicants must hold an up-to-date vaccination status and be an Australian resident or hold a current, appropriate working visa.