Sound & Video Supervisor
Name: Courtney Giles
Phone: 02 9250 1722
Thank you for your interest in the Sound & Video Supervisor position with the Sydney Theatre Company.
The Sound & Video Supervisor assists the Sound & Video Manager and Technical Manager in overseeing the smooth operation of the Sound and Video Department. The role is expected to work in collaboration with the Sound & Video Manager, to create and maintain a high level of team work and co-operation within the department and across production teams.
The role will work closely with the Sound and Video department and other members of the Production Team, under the guidance of the Production Manager to achieve design standards set for a production, on time and in budget by utilising production and organisational resources to plan, implement, and achieve set goals and objectives.
Hours of Work
This position is for an initial two-year fixed term.
The Ordinary hours of work are 38 hours a week. However, the nature of working for a theatre company and requirements of this position require a degree of flexibility, and will include overtime work.
The position is based at in Walsh Bay at the Wharf and the Roslyn Packer Theatre.
Wages and Entitlements
- The wage will be commensurate with a Full-Time Level 6 Award Rate within the STC Enterprise Agreement.
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro-rata)
- Complimentary tickets to STC productions
- 10.5% superannuation
- Experience in Sound and Video Supervisor in a similar role in the Theatre context.
- Expert knowledge of Sound and Video Supervisor technology and systems for live performance.
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, with strong interpersonal sensitivity.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter and an ability to lead a technical team.
- A high level of understanding of Work Health and Safety legislation and procedures as related to the theatre and entertainment industries with proven experience of implementing these requirements in a sympathetic manner.
- Thorough understanding of Sydney Theatre Company’s current Theatrical Certified Agreement and how it relates to Live Performance Award.
- Computer skills including database, email and excel
- An appreciation of the art form of theatre, especially in an Australian context.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in specifying, installing, and operating complex sound and AV systems in a live theatre context. Including the use of digital audio desks (Yamaha, Digico, Midas), and operating software (Qlab, Mac OS)
Please visit our website for a full copy of the job pack, including the job description: https://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/about/careers
In order to make your application for this position, please forward your resume and a cover letter briefly demonstrating relevant experience to: email@example.com by 9am, Monday 18th January 2021
* Must be Australian resident or hold current, appropriate working visa
Sydney Theatre Company encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, mature age workers, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTI+) people.
For a full copy of the Sydney Theatre Company’s Cultural Representation Pledge, please visit our website: https://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/about/stc-commitments/cultural-representation-pledge