Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Tech Ops
Phone: 02 9697 7600
Location: Kensington, Sydney NSW
The National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, cultural, regional, low socio-economic, LGBTQI and disability communities to apply. All applications will be considered without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
The National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) is Australia’s premier training ground for future leaders and practitioners in the dramatic arts. Located at Kensington in Sydney, it is a Centre of excellence in education and training. NIDA is unique in the world for its practice-based and industry-relevant training in the range that it offers which includes Acting, Design, Costume, Properties and Objects, Technical Theatre and Stage Management, Scenic Construction, Writing for Performance, Directing and Cultural Leadership.
Join our team!
The Staging Supervisor ensures the efficient operation of NIDA’s theatres, as an Australian Educational Institution for higher education, our short courses, corporate training and NIDA’s venues as a commercial performing arts centre under the NIDA Theatres banner. The position requires a highly organized technician with leadership and supervisory skills, a demonstrated knowledge of theatre staging equipment and a commitment to using their knowledge and skills to support NIDA’s teaching environment.
You will have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role in performing arts company or theatres complex with expert knowledge of staging technology and systems for live performance, you’ll understand working to tight deadlines while maintaining safety. Along with delivering excellent customer service you will enjoy managing a team and imparting your knowledge of up-to-date industry best practice, whilst being conscious of budgetary requirements.
About the role
This is a full time 3 – year contract.
Please include the following in your application
- A cover letter that demonstrates your understanding of and capacity to undertake the role.
- Your C.V. including two references who can comment on your professional experience.
- A Statement of Competency that addresses the selection criteria listed in the Position Profile.
- Applicants that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
- You are required to have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role. This role is not suited to a working holiday visa holder.
- A valid Working with Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDA’s Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.
5:00pm, Thursday 31st August 2023. Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
How to apply
To apply and for further information about this role, including a full position description, please visit NIDA’s website: https://www.nida.edu.au/about-nida/careers
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact TechOps@nida.edu.au