Name: Kathrin Beck
About the Role:
Based in THE LUME in the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Director with a background in high-end AV and multi-channel projection systems.
Highly skilled, dedicated and extremely organised, the successful applicant will need to be comfortable managing a small team, while working on pre-production of multiple projects. Based full time at THE LUME Melbourne, the Technical Director will be responsible for a variety of areas including but not limited to pre-production, venue operations, maintenance schedules, management of the technical department, AV system operation and support. There are also opportunities to assist with other global THE LUME sites.
- Oversee the master maintenance schedule
- Manage Fulltime AV technician and casual freelance pool
- Manage Operational Technical budget and ensure forecasting and tracking is accurate
- Maintain and improve venue SOP
- Assist the GM and FOH teams ensuring peripheral infrastructure and requirements are met
- Plan and implement yearly content changes
- Start-up system on standard workdays
- Act as the primary technical contact for corporate and afterhours events.
- Adapting client show requirements into a format that suits THE LUME specific operation conditions
- Generating standard technical event documentation, floor plans, run sheets and production schedules
- Oversee afterhours/event schedule, ensuring technical and staffing requirements are booked and delivered
You have ten years of experience in a similar role and are looking for your next challenge.
You are a self starter with attention to detail and are passionate about your job.
- Dataton Watchout
- Barco G series projectors
- HDBT signal transport
- Dante Audio distribution
- JBL HiQ net
THE LUME Melbourne is a fresh and safe approach to art and culture and a bright beacon for Melbourne and Australia.
THE LUME is the culmination of Grande Experience’s decade of presenting immersive multi-sensory experiences to more than 200 cities across 6 continents, in 32 languages to 20 million people worldwide: a permanent experience focusing powerful and beautiful imagery from 150+ Barco HD+ projectors onto a tapestry of surfaces choreographed to a stirring musical score that seamlessly and magically brings the power, beauty and wonder of art, music and nature to life like never before.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.