Technical Director – Acoustics
Name: Mott MacDonald
Location: Sydney, NSW
Acoustics affects many aspects of our daily lives, Mott MacDonald helps clients manage acoustics, noise and vibration in their buildings in the residential, commercial, transport, education and health, municipal, sports and leisure and performing arts sectors. We also undertake noise and vibration impact assessment for transportation schemes such as road and rail.
Mott MacDonald is currently looking for a Principal/Technical Director to join our Engineering Sciences team in Sydney to continue the strong growth of our Acoustic, Noise and Vibration capabilities in NSW.
This is an opportunity to take your career and professional capabilities to the next level.
• Development and enhancement of relationships with clients
• Management of projects, to ensure successful delivery of all site surveys, assessments and reports, including technical review and quality control and effectively communicating with clients
• Calculation, modelling analysis, reporting and acoustic mitigation treatment for buildings and environmental projects in the Built Environment, Transport, Water and Energy Sectors
• Research and coordination of development into improved technical capabilities, including tools to streamline and automate the collection and processing of data
• Work with our existing Engineering Sciences Leaders to grow our offering in Sydney, including pursuits and shaping the future of client relationships within the business
The ideal candidate will have a strong combination of the following:
• 10-15 years’ proven experience in a consulting environment
• Engineering or Science degree qualified in a relevant discipline, post-graduate qualifications will be an advantage
• Experience with acoustics, noise and vibration in the Built Environment and Transport sectors in NSW
• Proven track record with exceptional service delivery to clients in NSW
• Experience with modelling software such as SoundPLAN, CadnaA, EASE and/or Odeon in addition to specialist FEA/SEA/BEM software (open source or proprietary).
• Strong analytical problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills, including technical report writing and able to engage within a collaborative work environment, with a reputation for delivering high-quality work
• Programming and data analytics skills (Matlab/Python) and integration within a GIS framework will be an advantage
In return we offer you the opportunity to build a dynamic career and make the world you love. It’s your turn to be you. At Mott MacDonald you won’t find just a job. You’ll find the way to a greater future.
By joining Mott MacDonald, you will find we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There’s no time like the present to make a change.
APPLY HERE: https://www.seek.com.au/job/50402198