Technical Officer – Casual
Name: Andrew Williams
Phone: 02 9330 6081
About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation with approximately 600 staff members. Our people are working to make the Georges River area an accessible, green, diverse and innovative community and economy. We are dedicated to providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture, helping protect our natural environment, and making our suburbs more liveable.
About the Opportunity
- $31.57 – $36.58 per hour, plus 25% casual loading and 9.5% superannuation
Georges River Council is currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Technical Officer to join our dynamic and busy Programming and Operations team. The successful candidate will ensure that customers of the Entertainment Centre and related facilities obtain the best value from the venue, facilities and services by delivering the technical and operational requirements of events. This includes:
- Deliver all production requirements for events at the Hurstville Entertainment Centre and Georges River Council Community Centres per event orders, including set ups/bump ins, operation, bump out and reset
- Operate the production facilities within the venues
- Liaise with relevant staff and contractors for production and maintenance requirements of the venues and equipment
- Maintain and manage communications with HEC customers to ensure all needs are met
- Experience in the planning, implementation and operation of live staging
- Experience of other stage craft including sound, lighting and audio visual
- Understanding of the needs and requirements of a range of stage presentations and events
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in maintaining theatrical equipment
- Experience in delivering superior customer service
- Rigging ticket/certificate
- Computer literacy
- Drivers Licence
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description, then please submit your application today! Applicants are asked to ensure that they provide responses to the targeted questions, failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Andrew Williams, Coordinator Programming and Operations on 02 9330 6081.
Applications must be completed and submitted via our website.
Closing Date: 30 April 2021 at 11:30pm AEST
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
Georges River Council is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.