Technical Officer (Film and Audio)
Name: Carl Weir
Location: Byron Bay, NSW
About the role
The Technical Officer role is part of a team that ensures the continued operation of the equipment in the campus studios and facilities, monitoring WHS, and providing technical support and assistance to students during practical sessions in their use of resources and equipment.
The Technical Officer will also help to ensure that operations are conducted in accordance with the Institute’s policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Code of Conduct and the WHS policy.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- Strong skills and experience in both film and audio technologies and software
- Technical expertise in audio, music production and/or filmmaking within professional studio environments
- A passion to assist and support students to reach their full potential
- A degree qualification, or equivalent, in either audio, music or film production and/or related industry experience within the professional studio or film environment
- Be technically proficient and able to learn new technical skills quickly
- Demonstrated commitment and enthusiasm for the provision of excellent customer service and student support
- Have outstanding organisational and communication skills
- Ableton experience an advantage
- Ability to work weekends and evenings up to 3 days per week collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently to achieve required outcomes
What we can offer you:
- Work from our idyllic Byron Bay campus in a fun, dynamic team
- Creative, world-class facilities in a truly global organisation
- Collegial and collaborative environment focussing on academic excellence
SAE is the world’s leading educator in creative media industries. Established in 1976 we have over 50 campuses in 27 countries offering certificates, diplomas and degrees. Our students experience practical, hands-on training with in world-class facilities.
At SAE, our focus is to unleash the creative potential in all our students and ensure they are industry-ready and well prepared to launch their career in Animation, Audio, Design, Film, Games, Web & Mobile.
SAE Australia has campuses located in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Byron Bay.
Diversity and Inclusion
SAE promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online to lodge your application successfully. For enquiries about the role, please contact Carl Weir on 02 6639 6093.
Applications close on Sunday, 25 October 2020, however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
To our agency partners – thank you for your interest however, we will not be accepting unsolicited applications and we do not require support for this role, at this stage.
APPLY HERE: https://www.seek.com.au/job/50702722