Technical Production Operator
Name: Kathy Seymour
Location: Sydney, NSW
Our purpose at KOJO is to captivate audiences globally with creativity that influences, entertains and inspires. Our values guide everything we do; we are genuine, caring, curious and fearless. Whilst we are in the business of creativity, we always do business with heart.
The Technical Production Operator (TPO) is a new full time role within our growing Sydney team, to be partnered with a full time Senior Technical Production Operator. This role will be based full time at a newly constructed state-of-the-art Event Auditorium Complex in Sydney, providing operational services and daily technical management of events within the facility.
The facility includes a range of event spaces, an auditorium, studios and post production systems used to deliver and broadcast live and pre-recorded events. The TPO will have deep technical and production experience as an operator in a range of disciplines (including vision, audio and lighting), a strong client focus with exceptional communication, and a positive, calm and supportive approach with the ability to handle multiple priorities and problem solve.
This is a hands-on role in delivering high quality work efficiently and profitably, identifying opportunities for KOJO to add value to both our business and our clients. People should love to work with you because you are caring, genuine and positive and have a desire to deliver high quality outcomes even in the toughest of situations, always representing KOJO’s values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Technical operations within the facility working to deliver daily events, ensuring the highest level of client service and production quality delivery
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders within the client business as well as within the broader KOJO team to deliver high production values on all programs delivered within the facility
- Working closely with the Senior Technical Production Operator (STPO), manage the workflow of events booked into the system, identifying and managing additional technical resources as required on larger events, or where multiple events take place at the same time
- Actively seek opportunities to best leverage the existing equipment and systems, troubleshoot and monitor for faults, provide proactive solutions to clients and cost efficiencies
- 4-5+ years experience working within the events and Audio-Visual industry including hands on operating vision, audio, lighting and broadcast equipment
- Strong systems configuration understanding as well as active operations of all technical and production equipment within the facility. Methodical approach to fault finding diagnosis and resolution of issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Sound industry knowledge of technicians and freelancers required for programs, events and equipment. Experience rostering is advantageous but not essential.
- A professional, calm and respected presence, particularly with problem solving and competing priorities
- Contribute to and participate in a positive, inclusive and driven team culture
This is a full time role and, as is the nature of events, the actual schedule of working hours may vary. As a result, your schedule may include working outside of normal business hours including evenings and weekends, with rostered days off falling on weekdays and/or flexible scheduling of hours to accommodate client/event requirements.
At KOJO, we care about our people, families, friends and communities. Where we work is as diverse as the work we produce, so to keep our people and communities safe and well, we require everyone who works at KOJO to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Please only apply for this role if you can meet this requirement.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a background check (National Criminal History check) as a condition of employment.