Technical Sales Consultant
Name: Deb Findlay
Location: Brendale, QLD
Varied role with great work/life balance in a small but dynamic business. Well-established client base. Training and support for the right person.
Do you have a strong technical aptitude and experience working in theatre production or in events? Are you looking to bring your industry knowledge to the next level? We are looking for a quick learner with good interpersonal skills to be part of a team that has been supplying and installing professional lighting, audio-visual, staging and curtain equipment for over 30 years.
From individual product sales to fully integrated venues, you would be key to maintaining a long-term client base that includes educational institutions, theatres, entertainment venues and commercial sites. If you are the right person, we will provide training and you will have the advantage of working within a non-competitive sales team environment.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Experience working in industry–related technologies – professional audio, audio-visual, lighting. Sales and/or tendering experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent organisation, time management skills and good attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills with ability to use Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office software. CAD (or Visio) experience will be beneficial.
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good visual and spatial skills.
- Ability to effectively work autonomously and within a team.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently.
- Initiative and a willingness to learn.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Conducting site visits and providing product and installation solutions for a range of clients.
- Ensuring each sale or installation is planned and carried out efficiently and on budget.
- Designing, recommending and sourcing equipment to prepare quotes and project proposals.
- Following the established sales process and achieving a range of team-based sales targets.
- Participating in all facets of the business to ensure client satisfaction.
- Collaborating with clients, suppliers, architects, and others to create effective solutions for a range of venues.
- Recording and updating all contacts, activities, leads, and follow-ups in the CRM system.
- Implementing a range of strategies to generate sales opportunities.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge through training, professional publications and networks.
The position offers a negotiable salary package – base (depending on experience and skills) + bonus + mobile + laptop.
Applications via email only – firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will be held in the week beginning 11th January 2021 when we re-open. Please ask any questions via email.