Technical Sales Consultant – Theatre & A/V
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Deb Findlay
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Do you have a strong technical aptitude and experience working in theatre production, live events or commercial A/V? Are you looking to bring your industry knowledge to the next level? We are looking for a quick learner with excellent interpersonal skills to be part of the trusted team that has been supplying and installing professional lighting, audio-visual, staging and curtain equipment for over 30 years.
Working in a non-competitive team environment, you would be key to maintaining a long-term client base that includes educational institutions, theatres, entertainment venues and commercial sites.
Our Technical Sales Consultants are encouraged to lead and manage projects, from initial planning through to delivery and handover.
This is the ideal position for someone looking to be part of a well-established business that offers permanency and work/life balance. If you are the right person, you will have the advantage of working in a role that values your passion for the industry, creativity and leadership.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Conducting site visits and providing product and installation solutions for a range of clients.
- Designing, recommending and sourcing equipment to prepare quotes and project proposals.
- Proactively implementing a range of strategies to generate sales opportunities and develop new client relationships.
- Collaborating with clients, suppliers, builders, and others to create effective solutions for a range of venues.
- Providing technical support and follow-up training to clients.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge through training, professional publications and networks.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Proven experience working in one or more industry–related technologies – professional audio, AV, lighting, staging and curtains.
- A passion for theatre and all that is “behind the scenes”.
- Strong visual and spatial skills.
- General knowledge of professional lighting, audio and/or AV products and their applications. Experience with Crestron and/or AMX is beneficial.
- Excellent organisation, time management skills and good attention to detail (Quality is what we have built our reputation on).
- Experience with interpreting plans, conducting site measurements and developing integrated solutions.
- Proficient computer skills with ability to use Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office software. CAD experience is desirable.
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively work within a collaborative team environment.
- Initiative and a willingness to undertake self-learning.
This permanent position offers a favourable salary (commensurate with experience and skills) + super + bonus.
A full position description is available on request.
Applications via email only – firstname.lastname@example.org