Technical System Design & Support Engineer
Location: Melbourne, VIC
About the Company
Jands Pty Ltd is one of Australia’s largest distributors and manufacturers of professional
audio, lighting and staging products, with an impressive portfolio of quality and well recognised international and local brands. With an enviable reputation for providing innovative audio, lighting and staging solutions, the Technical Systems team is looking for an enthusiastic System Design & Technical Support Specialist to join our Port Melbourne branch to provide pre-sales engineering support, design and documentation to internal and external clients, along with 2nd tier technical support to Jands customers.
About the Role
Reporting to the Technical Systems Manager, the key duties and responsibilities of the Technical System Design & Support Engineer include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing and completing accurate and high-level audio systems designs to meet customer requirements within specified timeframes, in consultation with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Pre and post sales technical engineering support for internal and external stakeholders of Jands.
- Maintaining current and accurate project log detailing current status of projects; and,
- Responding to client/customer 2nd tier support requests promptly and in a professional manner.
- Assisting with the preparation and testing of equipment, associated systems and logistics associated with tradeshows, training or demonstrations.
To be considered for this position applicants must meet the essential criteria listed below.
- Broad industry experience in the design, installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of professional AV and control systems in applications such as corporate, education and live production etc.
- A comprehensive understanding of the requirements and operation of modern sound systems including system operation.
- A good understanding of IT as it applies to modern AV and control systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and communicate (in writing and verbally) with all levels of stakeholders, both internal and external.
It would be an advantage to possess one or more of the following desirable selection criteria.
- Tertiary qualification in audio system design/acoustics etc.
- Experience with Acoustic Design / simulation packages (EASE preferred).
- Experience with 3D CAD packages (Vectorworks preferred)
- Experience using CRM systems (Salesforce preferred).
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this dynamic position, applicants should forward a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above, along with their resume.
APPLY HERE: https://www.seek.com.au/job/50499316