Technical & Venue Services Coordinator
Name: Xavier Dannock
Phone: 03 5559 4887
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria
Warrnambool City Council is located on the spectacular south west coast of Victoria, 3 hours’ drive from Melbourne. It is a thriving region, offering a unique lifestyle and working environment.
Lighthouse Theatre is the region’s premier performing arts centre, containing a 584-seat proscenium arch theatre, a 157-seat studio space, meeting room and foyer. Hosting well over 60,000 attendances per year at over 150 performances and over 300 other non-ticketed events, the venue hosts the biggest touring acts such as Human Nature, Paul Kelly, Guy Sebastian and Jimmy Barnes, through to supporting and hosting many community performances and events alongside a comprehensive programmed Theatre Season of performances every year.
Lighthouse Theatre is now recruiting an exciting new role to oversee the technical and operational delivery of events and performances across the venue. The Technical & Venue Services Coordinator will support the wide range of events that the venue hosts, by providing guidance and support to staff working on events.
Working in a modern and well equipped venue, alongside a dedicated and passionate team, the Coordinator will take the lead to ensure all our events are delivered to the highest standards every time, with excellent customer service provided to our clients and patrons. This role will also directly supervise a small team of part time staff, and a larger team of casual technical and front of house staff; including the opportunity to train and develop the next generation of technicians.
The successful candidate will be expected to have significant hands on and supervisory experience in performing arts venue-based technical operations, as well as:
- Demonstrated experience supervising staff including technical teams and operations staff (front of house, hospitality etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in the operation of a wide variety of technical equipment
- Sound knowledge of the practical implementation of OH&S requirements within a performing arts centre environment
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of a wide range of events and performances
- Demonstrated customer service skills and experience dealing with competing demands in a fast paced environment
- Relevant qualifications and/or significant experience in theatre technical operations
Please note a response to the key selection criteria contained in the position description is required as part of this application process.
All applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a Cover Letter, Resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 24 September 2021
Salary Range: $81,190 to $88,170 p.a
Position status: Permanent Full Time
Further Enquiries: Xavier Dannock, Service Manager Lighthouse Theatre on 03 5559 4887 or email@example.com