TECHNICIAN, DIGITAL MULTIMEDIA SYSTEMS – MUSEUMS VICTORIA
Name: Richard Pilkington
Location: Carlton Gardens - Melbourne Metro Area, Victoria
Did you know that there are more than 2 thousand nodes of multimedia infrastructure across Museum’s Victoria’s venues? If you join this versatile and highly responsive team, you’ll get to know most of them!
ABOUT MUSEUMS VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria is a diverse and exciting place to work. Across our venues – Melbourne Museum, Royal Exhibition Building, Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, Melbourne Planetarium and IMAX cinemas – we present unique and exceptional experiences for more than 2 million visitors each year, who come from all over Australia and around the world to be inspired and to learn about themselves and the universe we inhabit.
To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit https://museumsvictoria.com.au/about-us/
We are seeking an experienced audio-visual Technician to join our Digital Multimedia Systems team.
This role provides specialist technical knowledge and skills to facilitate the delivery and operational oversight of digital media products and services across Museums Victoria locations.
This position is accountable for developing, procuring, installing, and maintaining digital media delivery systems, technical infrastructure, and digital content in designated galleries, touring exhibitions, and public areas; as well as providing audio-visual and multimedia support for multiple stakeholders across the organization.
If you have a demonstrable track record as:
- A multimedia technician with proven skills and experience in the service and maintenance of audio-visual/multimedia infrastructure.
- A technical problem solver who can also interpret technical briefs to install and configure digital media system solutions.
- A communicator who has worked effectively with people and technology, reporting technical solutions, and updating operational documentation.
Then we want to hear from you!
To view the position description, visit https://museumsvictoria.com.au/careers
For more information about this position, please contact Richard Pilkington (Systems Administrator, Museums Victoria) on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a fixed-term, part-time position until 31 December 2021. Minimum hours are 2 days/week. The current salary on offer is $68,884 per annum (paid pro-rata) plus 10% superannuation.
Availability to work a 7 day a week roster is essential.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please click on the following link to submit your application directly to Museums Victoria website:
Please submit the following:
- A Covering Letter that outlines your interest in this role.
- Your current resume detailing relevant experience, and
- A statement addressing the following:
- Tell us about an example of AV/multimedia infrastructure that you have serviced, maintained or repaired. Provide details of an operations problem you had to solve whilst working with this infrastructure.
- Tell us about a digital media system solution you have installed and the technical skills you used to deliver it.
- Provide us with an example of your technical reporting and communication skills.
Please note: Applications that do not include the above elements will not be considered.
Applications Close: Tuesday, 3 August 2021 (11:59pm)