Technician – Operations
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Rachel Jones
Phone: 0403 673 183
Location: South Wharf
- Multiple roles available, casual hours, $35.95 per hour
- South Wharf CBD location
- Employer of Choice winner four years in a row
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) is the home of unconventional. At MCEC we do things a little differently. We bring fresh ideas and imagination to every event. We happily turn concepts on their head to make each experience momentous.
We welcome events of all shapes and sizes, from board meetings and small celebrations through to conventions, gala dinners, exhibitions, and concerts. Our doors are open for events and moments that connect us – in person, virtual or hybrid, and everything in between.
Our city is our inspiration, located in the vibrant South Wharf precinct, just a stroll along the Yarra River. Melbourne is on show at MCEC – in architecture and design, food and hospitality, AV technology, Customer Service, location, and views.
Audio-Visual Technician roles available – apply now and join one of Melbourne’s most iconic entertainment venues.
We have multiple opportunities for Audio-Visual Technicians to join our high-performing team. We are seeking committed and proactive technicians experienced in Live Event AV to join our Technology Services team.
We have open positions for technicians experienced in Audio, Vision, Lighting, Rigging, Multimedia, Video Production and Event Network Services, as well as general technicians.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering audio-visual services for all our events across the Convention and Exhibition Centres and delivering a great customer experience
- The setup, operation, and pack down of technical equipment for a variety of events
- Delivering the highest possible quality product to clients of the MCEC
- The position calls for a minimum of three years’ experience in audio-visual setup and operation. A working understanding of video, audio and lighting presentation systems as applied in modern corporate events is essential
- You can be a discipline-specific technician in any area of AV production: Audio, Vision, Lighting, Rigging, Multimedia, Video Production, or an allrounder
- Have a strong customer service focus, excellent team skills, the ability to communicate clearly
- Have availability to work for our operational requirements. This includes daytime, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
- An elevated work platform (EWP) ticket and Construction Induction certification (white card) are mandatory requirements of this role
Working at MCEC
At MCEC we encourage ideas and imagination and support our people to be inspirational. Whatever your role, we’ll foster the development of skills, insights, and leadership. You’ll be working in a Melbourne icon, with a welcoming and supportive team. And there are many other benefits – 14 weeks paid parental leave; flexible work options; purchased leave; employee discounts; onsite restaurants, cafes, and parking; and South Wharf and the city at our doorstep. We are diverse, inclusive, and collaborative.
Built on the banks of the Birrarung (Yarra River), Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Narrm, the Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people of the Kulin nation. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present, and to Elders of all First Nations communities that visit MCEC.
We recognise the significance of the Birrarung to Traditional Owners as a life source and a meeting place and seek to honour a 40,000 year tradition of building community and exchanging ideas on these lands.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in and suitable candidates contacted for an interview, so don’t hesitate to apply! To apply for the role please submit a CV and cover letter via https://mcec.com.au/careers
A National Police Check will be required for the successful candidate
MCEC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community, and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.