Technology Services Manager
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Rachel Jones
Phone: 0403 673 183
Location: South Wharf
- Drive excellence in AV technology delivery at MCEC
- Opportunity to work for an iconic organisation!
- 1 x Full-time, permanent role, 2 x 6 Month positions (CBD based)
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) is the home of unconventional. At MCEC we do things a little differently. We bring fresh ideas and imagination to every event. We happily turn concepts on their head to make each experience momentous.
We welcome events of all shapes and sizes, from board meetings and small celebrations to conventions, gala dinners, exhibitions, and concerts. Our doors are open for events and moments that connect us – in person, virtual or hybrid, and everything in between.
Our city is our inspiration, located in the vibrant South Wharf precinct, just a stroll along the Yarra River. Melbourne is on show at MCEC – in the architecture and design, food and hospitality, location, and views.
Our team are award-winning, and that’s because we only hire the very best! We employ dedicated professionals who are passionate about what they do.
MCEC is renowned for its outstanding AV Technology services, helping our customers create amazing events. We have an opportunity for a full-time Technology Services Manager, a key role in our Delivery team.
About the role
As the Technology Service Manager (TSM) you will be accountable for the successful delivery of AV for events assigned with a primary focus on the customer experience. You will have an in-depth knowledge of the event AV and an understanding of client expectations.
You will be responsible for managing multi skilled AV technicians to ensure all aspects of the event are successfully set/up delivered and packed down. The manager is usually assigned to large complex multi-day events and will be part of the Technology Services Department.
The role is focussed on the effective management and coordination of multiple key stakeholders so that a high level of service can be delivered to clients.
- Lead by example, in ensuring all technicians, Technology Services and agency staff provide technical services to agreed levels of quality and consistency, and demonstrate a sense of ownership for service delivery
- Brief technicians and agency staff on MCEC service and technology standards, and event delivery requirements
- Provide strong leadership in ensuring compliance with service standards as defined by the Manager, Technology Operations, and competency standards as defined by specialists and Infrastructure & Equipment teams
- Assist the Technology Services Delivery team in driving team programs as directed – service standards and continuous improvement, rostering, safety and security, and communications
- Coordinate and attend event handovers from Event Manager/Event Planner and include appropriate support service teams
- Cross-check event orders, crew rosters and venue set-up and action any requests in a timely manner
- Work closely with Delivery Manager to ensure clients’ needs are met
- Manage the successful delivery of technology services aspects of all events
For more information regarding the key accountabilities for this position, please refer to the Position Description (attached).
Working at MCEC
At MCEC, our people are at the heart of who we are and what we do. We create remarkable experiences because we have remarkable individuals and teams.
Our employees are amongst the best in the industry to work with and learn from. We empower them to try new things and stretch their limits, and ours too.
We are diverse, inclusive, and collaborative. We celebrate individuality and embrace all our employees as part of the MCEC team.
Working in a Melbourne icon isn’t the only benefit. We offer 14 weeks paid parental leave; flexible work options; purchased leave; employee discounts at onsite restaurants, cafes, and parking; career progression opportunities and employee wellbeing initiatives.
To apply, please ensure you include a cover letter and CV Applications must be submitted online. Email applications will not be considered.
A National Police Check will be required for the successful candidate.
MCEC is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community, and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Acknowledgement of Country
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Narrm, the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to their Elders past and present, and to Elders of all First Nations communities.