THEATRE MANAGER – THE BESEN FAMILY PERFORMING ARTS CENTRE
Name: Howard Kindler
Phone: 03 98340031
Location: 245 Burwood Highway, Burwood, Victoria 3125
The Besen Family Performing Arts Centre located at Mount Scopus Memorial College in Burwood is seeking to employ an experienced Theatre Manager to continue to build its reputation both to its college hirers as well as the wider community as one of the finest regional theatres in Melbourne. The Besen Family Performing Arts Centre is a 1000 seat theatre and is an ideal venue for dance, musicals, assemblies and drama performances and is used by both the college and external hirers. This rewarding position offers variety, excitement and the chance to play your part in ensuring that students at Mount Scopus Memorial College and external hirers have the opportunity to experience the very best live performance has to offer.
Reporting to the College’s Head of Operations the Theatre Manager is responsible for;
1. Maintaining financial control of the venue.
2. Maintaining existing clients.
3. Seeking new clients.
4. Managing the technical staff, both permanent and casual.
5. Liaising between the Schools needs for the theatre and those of the outside hirers.
6. Reporting quarterly to the College’s Head of Operations on the performance of the theatre.
7. Keeping the venue in good working order, both from a services as well as theatre equipment perspective.
The successful candidate should possess;
1. Excellent inter personnel skills in dealing with a diverse range of personalities both within the school, staff and outside hirers.
2. An eye for detail especially in the area of finance.
3. Be fully conversant with Microsoft Office.
4. A broad and deep understanding of running of a theatre both in a technical as well as management sense.
5. Prefer to guide, encourage and manage staff rather than be hands on technician.
6. A desire to expand the client base without adversely affecting the current hirers.
7. The ability to review the business and see areas for improvement in efficiency.
8. The ability, with input from the Technical Manager, to see areas of upgrade of equipment that will improve the long-term performance of the theatre.
If you are looking for an engaging and rewarding position within a flourishing
organisation, then please forward your application by letter together with a CV to the
Human Resources Manager
Mount Scopus Memorial College
245 Burwood Highway, Burwood 3125
Fax: 9834 0001
Web Site: www.scopus.vic.edu.au
Applications Close: Monday 14 September 2015
The job specification can be downloaded at www.scopus.vic.edu.au/Employment/