Theatre Technician – Casual
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Andrew McDonald
Phone: 0428 026 579
Location: Ballarat, VIC
- Great Opportunity to join the theatre industry
- Band 2 – Band 4
- Multiple Casual Positions
Her Majesty’s Theatre in Ballarat is one of Australia’s oldest theatres and is a business unit of Ballarat City Council within the department of Arts & Tourism, a division of Community Wellbeing. Council is developing attractions to provide for a sustainable and viable platform within the arts and tourism framework. Importantly ensuring quality customer / visitors service and supporting the arts and tourism of our community.
To be successful in this role you will have generated enough relevant experience to be willing perform the following tasks:
- Deliver excellent customer service for Her Majesty’s Theatre and the business unit in dealing with the client’s needs and visions. At all times be mindful of the hirer’s requirements.
- Perform the duties as Duty Technician, Fly Supervisor, Performance Technician, and Building Maintenance Crew as required, undertaking all responsibilities of those positions.
- Maintain backstage, auditorium and front of house in clean, tidy and operational condition.
- Design, conduct or participate in workshops or training activities for hirers or staff as may be organised or administered under the auspices of Her Majesty’s Theatre.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience in the technical department of a professional theatre company or performing arts centre.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation of: Theatrical Lighting Equipment, Professional Audio Equipment, Event Rigging and Staging Equipment
- Computer proficiency in use of Windows and IOS, basic desktop operations, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and theatrical lighting and sound software packages.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply before Tuesday 25 April 2023.
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you provide a current resume and a cover letter briefly addressing the key selection criteria which can be found in the position description. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and police check.
For any additional questions, please contact Andrew McDonald, Technical Operations Manager on 0428 026 579.
APPLY HERE: https://careers.ballarat.vic.gov.au/job/job_details.cfm?id=530455&from=direct