Trainer, Technical Training & Development
Name: Arts Centre Melbourne
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Trainer, Technical Training & Development
- Join the team at the forefront of technical training services for the live performing arts industry
- Variable Time, ongoing position (22.8 hours per week)
- Work under Melbourne’s iconic Spire
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Beneath our iconic Spire, in Hamer Hall and at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, we showcase the best of Australian and international performing arts.
We’re proudly the home of our flagship Resident Companies – The Australian Ballet, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Theatre Company and Opera Australia – and a range of presenters who collectively bring our stages and spaces to life.
Together with our own program of performances, events and activities we offer a diversity of audiences a distinctly multidimensional approach to participation, education and entertainment.
We are now focused on Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne as part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to transforming the Melbourne Arts Precinct into a thriving, connected creative and civic space over the coming years.
For a glimpse into working at Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
About the Team
The Production department sits within the Performing Arts pillar and comprises of a team that delivers production services for ACM across Staging, Lighting, Sound & Vision, Broadcast & Digital, Wardrobe, Production & Stage Management, Corporate Events and Safety/Training to enable the safe and efficient delivery of events across all of our venues and spaces.
About the Role
Since 2011, Arts Centre Melbourne’s Industry Association RTO (Registered Training Organisation) has been at the forefront of technical training services for the live performing arts industry delivering:
- In-house production traineeship programs (Certificate III in Live Production & Services)
- Nationally Accredited Training & Assessment in qualifications Certificate III in Live Production & Services and Cert IV in Live Production & Technical Services to support Arts Centre Melbourne’s production team & technicians from metro, regional & interstate venues.
This role works individually or as part of a team, providing high-quality accredited and non accredited industry training programs in live technical production and broader scale venue operations.
The successful applicant will be required to assist in the development of industry current training & assessment materials and the design, planning and facilitation of training programs to support Arts Centre Melbourne team members and learners from the wider industry sector.
1. Qualification (non- negotiable)
The successful applicant must hold the current qualification TAE40116: Certificate IV Training & Assessment (or higher) & general knowledge of competency based training and assessment within the Australian Qualification Framework.
2. Qualification (Desired)
It is preferred that applicants for this position hold a relevant trade qualification such as Certificate IV in Live Production & Technical Services (or higher) and /or able to provide documented evidence of equivalent skills & knowledge gained whilst working in a senior/supervisory level professionally within the live entertainment production industry.
- Documented history of working professionally within a live theatre, production & events environment (minimum of 5 years)
- High level skills & knowledge in at least one (or more) technical production areas (audio / vision systems / lighting / staging / broadcast & digital / stage & production management) using current technology.
- Experience with WH&S risk management for live production & events.
- Experience in the development of accredited training & assessment materials & delivering training programs
- Proven ability to apply effective planning & organisational skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and preparation of presentations, i.e. Microsoft suite of programs.
Variable Time ongoing, salary $79,605.02 per annum plus superannuation.
For more details please read the position description:
Enjoy Team Member Benefits
As a valued member of our ensemble, you will enjoy a number of fantastic benefits including the opportunity to receive complimentary tickets, food & beverage discounts, discounted commuter benefits and onsite-parking, access to wellbeing activities and learning and development programs!
Please submit your resume together with a cover letter addressing the key criteria by 5 April 2021. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview [or appointed] prior to the closing date.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Applications are open to those with full working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.