Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: James Winter
Location: Darlinghurst, Sydney
The Venue Technician is a core member of the venues team, working closely with the Theatre and Audio Technicians while reporting to the Facilities Manager. This role acts as a main point of contact for all access, event and technical requirements, facilitating equipment and technical support of hirers and programmed artists accessing the East Sydney Community and Arts Centre in Darlinghurst.
The Venue Technician will possess a responsive, flexible and can-do attitude. Their success is in providing a positive experience for hirers and programmed artists accessing the venue. A core part of this role is strong client relationships, ensuring repeat business while upholding Brand X’s reputation as a reliable provider of workspace for the creative industries.
Key competencies include theatre production experience, administration, communication and a deep connection to arts practice.
ABOUT BRAND X
Brand X is a not-for-profit registered charity governed by a board of industry peers. It services independent artists with studio space to work and professional development programs focused on resilience and sustainability. It is a uniquely responsive, nimble, and entrepreneurial organisation that aims to address the access to affordable and appropriate space in Sydney for artists to practice their craft. We are committed to forging new opportunities for performing, visual and recording artists by leveraging our relationships with the private and public sectors.
Brand X values include:
- Grounded: we understand what it takes to create new work and share it with an audience.
- Entrepreneurial: we understand that creative practice is legitimate work and that for it to be sustainable, it must connect artists to sources of income.
- Ambitious: we support the independent sector to create experimental and innovative work that has influence and impact.
- Nimble: we operate an efficient business model and organisational structure that enables us to respond to market conditions and create new opportunities when required.
- Capacity building: we provide long-term solutions that create stability, offer continuity and position Brand X as a custodian of Sydney’s creative economy.
- Enabling: we match artists with outcomes. We facilitate results rather than owning or authoring them.
Request a Job Description via email then respond to the Key Responsibilities and Performance Criteria contained.
Applications close when we find the right candidate, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible.