Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Peter Ross
Location: Tamworth, NSW
OUR ENTERTAINMENT VENUES
Entertainment Venues, a business unit of Tamworth Regional Council, is charged with the management and operation of four live entertainment, conference and function venues – Capitol Theatre Tamworth, Tamworth War Memorial Town Hall, Tamworth Regional Entertainment & Conference Centre(TRECC) and Tamworth Community Event Centre.
TRECC – Tamworth Regional Entertainment and Conference Centre seats up to 4,800 in concert mode. There are dressing rooms, separate break-out rooms and when not used as a concert venue it can accommodate anything from a sit-down dinner for 800 to an exhibition for up to 100 booths or a large conference or a car show.
Capitol Theatre Tamworth – a 394 seat, purpose built proscenium arch theatre. Entertainment Venues programs an annual season of events and is a regular stop on the national touring circuit.
Tamworth Town Hall – officially known as the Tamworth War Memorial Town Hall, it’s a 900-seat venue that caters for a variety of events, conferences and concerts, as well as career expos, antique shows and weddings since its opening in 1934.
Tamworth Community Centre – is a heritage-listed, multi-purpose building that offers our community a number of services and facilities for events and functions. The versatile centre holds events and functions of all sizes including community meetings, seminars, training events, balls, wedding receptions, concerts and auctions. Heritage Room 200 seats, School Room 20 seats, Barracks Room 15 seats and the Britten room 70 seats.
- Use your skills and qualifications to create an amazing creative experience
- Be part of the team that delivers spectacular events in Tamworth
- Permanent Full-time position
The “Venues Technician” role is responsible for:
- Delivering the technical and production services to venue hirers and clients. Ensuring that all technical aspects of the venues and equipment are well maintained, and that client requirements are met satisfactorily with the facilities available.
- Working with the Venues Technician Supervisor and Operations & Production Coordinator to ensure all operational aspects of the venues including maintenance and compliance are met.
- Operating all technical aspects pertaining to the use of staging, rigging and associated theatrical and concert equipment across all areas.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate III in Live Production, Theatre & Events or similar OR equivalent relevant experience
- Driver Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- WH&S Construction Induction Card
- National Certificate of Competency Licences
- LF – Forklift truck
- EWP – Boom type elevated work platform
- Working at Heights certificate
- DG – Dogging
- RB – Basic Rigging
- RI –Intermediate Rigging
- Electrical testing and tagging certificate
- Working With Children Check (WWCC)
Council is seeking a motivated individual with demonstrated capability to join our dynamic team and contribute to delivery of the technical and operational aspects of this diverse Division.
Experience within a performing arts centre or venue with practical knowledge of event staging activities including stagecraft, lighting, audio, vision, flying, rigging and basic stage management procedures is essential. Technicians with a strength in lighting and/or audio would an asset but not essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role, you will be offered a range of benefits, including a competitive salary, 4 weeks annual leave, corporate rate gym membership, and supportive health and wellbeing programs. See below for further work perks!
Flexible Work Options:
- Council offers flexible working arrangements by mutual agreement according to operational requirements (condensed hours, job share, 19 day months, 9 day fortnights, time in lieu as approved)
- Long service leave after five (5) years
- Nine weeks (full pay) paid parental leave, 18 weeks (half pay) paid parental leave
- Three weeks sick leave annually
- Health & Wellbeing leave, Carer’s leave, Domestic Violence leave
- Leave (1 day) for NAIDOC week celebrations for those who identify
- Career development opportunities including access to training and professional development activities, with succession planning forefront of mind
- Educational Assistance Program provides opportunities to pursue study in a higher level role or related qualification/field
Lifestyle & Wellbeing
- Breast feeding friendly workplace
- Ideal location with easy access to cycle or walk to work
- QANTAS Club discounts
- Free entry to Council’s pools
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Social Club
- Employee Assistance Program for yourself and your immediate family
- Corporate rate gym membership (participating gyms)
- Uniforms subsidised
- Novated leases available to all staff
Please refer to the Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary Range: Grade 11 $ 1,211.50 – $1,310.90 plus superannuation
Interested? Apply Now!
Applications Close: 11:59pm on Monday 24 April 2023
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position Peter Ross on 02 6767 5200