Warehouse Manager / AV Technician
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Tobi Pinazza
Phone: 1300 814 568
Location: Wollongong, NSW
Located in Wollongong (NSW), CMG offer a unique blend of top-tier AV equipment, depth of expertise and advanced event design technology to create unique and amazing experiences.
Working within our skilled team, the successful Warehouse Manager / AV Technician will assist with the delivery of our leading audio visual services by taking charge of the general operations of our warehouse and event equipment.
This includes the timely allocation, selection, testing and preparation of all outgoing gear for upcoming events, as well as the safe return, cleaning and organisation of all incoming gear following each event.
- General warehouse duties including organisation, maintenance and equipment repair;
- Timely allocation, selection, testing and preparation of all outgoing gear before events;
- Safe return, cleaning and organisation of all incoming gear after events;
- Check, manage and liaise with AV Technicians / Project Coordinators on the correct allocation and distribution of equipment across simultaneous jobs;
- Organise equipment cross-hire agreements, including packaging, pick-up and delivery, to ensure the successful delivery of all jobs.
- Ensure all equipment is safe, operational and well maintained;
- Have an appreciation for technical, safety and operational processes;
- Record, monitor and update event information and requirements in the central booking system;
- Maintain a clean, tidy and professional workspace at all times;
- Make sure that all equipment received, dispatched and delivered is recorded and stored appropriately.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALITIES:
- Physical ability and preparedness to safely move, pack, lift and set-up/pack-down AV equipment and road cases of varied sizes;
- Demonstrated experience with event lighting, vision and audio technology;
- Direct experience operating events and functions (including project management);
- Proven troubleshooting and technical support expertise;
- Advanced communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed time management and organisational skills;
- Highly collaborative team player that aims for positive outcomes;
- Ability to prioritise and handle a varied workload, both time-effectively and to a consistently high-standard;
- Flexibility to work after hours, on weekends or travel as required due to the diverse nature of the live event industry;
- A current NSW Drivers License.
- A current Forklift License.
WHY JOIN US?
- Be part of a fast-growing, agile and highly innovative event company, with the opportunity for rapid career growth in terms of breadth of experience, networking, new roles and responsibilities;
- An attractive remuneration package will be paid to the right person (based on level of experience, qualifications and expertise);
- Ability to work with high-end audio, visual and lighting equipment from some of the industry’s best brands;
- The benefits of working in regional NSW, without substantial inner-city travel commitments and a lower cost of living compared to many major metro areas;
- A diverse and exciting range of high-profile corporate functions, live shows and creative projects.
At CMG Audio Visual, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. Our employees are part of an Australian owned and operated business that values innovation, honesty, integrity and initiative, as well as the desire to continuously improve and enviably become the best in our industry.
We understand that the key to the long-term success of our business is to invest in our people, which is why we focus heavily on hands-on experience and development projects. Through working with CMG, you’ll have access to the training, tools and expertise to assist you in succeeding, both personally and professionally.
Interested in learning more? Forward your resume and short introductory cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.