Combining the superior coverage patterns typical of larger surface-mount loudspeakers with the visually appealing aesthetics of in-ceiling loudspeakers, EdgeMax™ represents an entirely new product category
Bose Professional is now shipping its EdgeMax™ in-ceiling premium loudspeakers. EdgeMax loudspeakers feature proprietary Bose PhaseGuide® technology, which provides room-filling coverage while improving overall sound quality compared to the performance of conventional ceiling loudspeakers. Designed for mounting near wall boundaries, EdgeMax loudspeakers project high-frequency sound throughout rooms up to 65 feet (20 m) wide using only perimeter mounting locations, and can effectively cover an area that would require up to four conventional conical-coverage models. EdgeMax loudspeakers can eliminate the need for conventional ceiling speakers mounted in the center of rooms, or surface-mount loudspeakers mounted on walls. And because of their unique design and consistent coverage pattern, EdgeMax loudspeakers reduce the total number of in-ceiling loudspeakers required, enabling installers to move efficiently through the installation, creating great-looking and great-sounding end results. Additionally, EdgeMax loudspeakers produce excellent intelligibility for speech and full-frequency response for music, making them ideal for retail, commercial, industrial, institutional and conferencing applications.
EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers are available with two different horizontal coverage patterns. EdgeMax EM90 models provide nominal 90-degree horizontal coverage and are intended for in-ceiling mounting near room corners. EdgeMax EM180 models provide nominal 180-degree horizontal coverage and are intended for in-ceiling mounting near wall boundaries centered along target coverage zones. Both models feature 75-degree asymmetrical vertical coverage, which is optimized for ceiling heights between eight feet and 20 feet.
Key features of EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers:
- PhaseGuide technology provides a unique asymmetrical vertical pattern for room-filling coverage when mounting near wall-ceiling boundaries.
- Provides improved room visual appearance for demanding interior designs by eliminating center-of-ceiling or wall-mounted loudspeakers
- High-frequency compression driver for best-in-class audio quality with superior frequency response and coverage consistency versus typical dome tweeters
- Eight-inch woofer with wall-boundary loading, provides extended bass impact
- Two-way passive crossover with 70V/100V transformer
- New auto-hold, spring-loaded mounting arms for fast, easy installs
- Magnetically attached grill for quick access to wiring and tap settings
- Coverage pattern similar to a surface-mount loudspeaker enables stereo designs
- UL1480A listing for air-handling (plenum) space installation
EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers are now available. To learn more, please visit http://PRO.BOSE.COM/.
Published monthly since 1991, our famous AV industry magazine is free for download or pay for print. Subscribers also receive CX News, our free weekly email with the latest industry news and jobs.