Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Riviera Son
Location: Sydney, NSW
About the opportunity
Working at the prestigious Seymour Centre, the Technical Manager will lead and manage the successful delivery of the technical elements of all events within the Seymour Centre’s annual schedule of public performances and events. They will lead a team of technicians to ensure that all technical elements are delivered on time and to budget, to the high satisfaction of users including hirers, event partners and internal users at the University.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- manage the technical requirements of events produced and delivered at the Seymour Centre, working collaboratively with all users of the Centre to deliver technical elements to the highest standard
- initiate and lead production meetings with client representatives of all upcoming events to determine technical parameters, including delivery of complete risk assessments
- lead, performance manage and delegate to a combination of permanent Theatre Technicians, and a pool of casual staff to adequately service/deliver events at the Centre.
- ensure all technical equipment is maintained, regularly serviced and in good working order and that replacement equipment and stock control is well managed
- make recommendations to management regarding better practices and equipment to service client and staff requirements
- ensure hiring and rostering of staff is efficient, systematic, safe, and economic, to support the delivery of all events including, this includes casual and contractual staff
- collaborate with Operations Manager to ensure whole facility continues to meet WH&S standards.
The hours of work are a flexible 38hr week and may include nights and weekends as required.
- extensive experience leading and managing technical teams to successfully deliver performing arts events
- technical expertise in the delivery of at least one core area of theatre (live) event production: lighting, sound, or production management (professional qualifications desirable);
- experience in successful administrative management of technical/production services for events/performances
- minimum five years professional experience working in theatre production including significant experience operating productions (sound and/or lighting)
- current rigging qualifications and first aid certificate (both are desirable but not mandatory)
- a passion for the arts and theatres.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact the HR Service Centre on +61 2 9351 2000 or Riviera Son, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
APPLY HERE: https://www.seek.com.au/job/67558803