Name: David Banks
Phone: 02 8075 8100
Location: 409 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood NSW 2067
Century Venues, Australia’s most creative, innovative and entrepreneurial venue operator, are Managers of The Concourse, a state-of-the-art hub for culture, entertainment, information, retail, food and beverage. Offering a unique mix of venues, Century Venues manage the performance venues of the complex which include a 1,000 seat Concert Hall, 500 seat Theatre, 520 square metre function and corporate events venue, as well as rehearsal facilities
Conveniently located in the heart of Chatswood on Sydney’s North Shore, The Concourse is one of Sydney’s most vibrant and exciting entertainment destinations.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Theatre Technical Manager to be involved with one of Sydney’s most vibrant and most exciting arts venue projects. Working alongside the management team you will apply your technical knowledge and experience in ensuring the successful completion of events across the range of venues at The Concourse.
· Determination and implementation of the technical requirements of events across all venues at The Concourse.
· Leadership and hands on supervision of technical staff, subcontractors and hirers throughout all aspects of the staging of an event.
· Overall management of the casual technical staff pool
· Working and ensuring all staff work within Occupational and Health and Safety guidelines
· Scheduling of physical technical resources to maximize their productivity
· Completion of reporting procedures including production schedules, staff rosters, show reports, monthly reports and capital expenditure budgets
· Previous experience in a similar role in a performing arts centre or theatre
· The ability to manage multiple events across many venues with competing timelines
· A flexible approach in dealing with a disparate client base ranging from top-tier promoters to local community groups
· A high standard of written and oral communication
· A high level of knowledge across all theatre technical disciplines.
· A high level of computer knowledge
· The ability to manage resources within budget.
· Competency and working knowledge of the application of modern Occupational and Health and Safety laws and their application in the theatre environment.
· Experience in both live ticketed and corporate event production
· Riggers, EWP, boom lift accreditation
· Competency with AutoCAD, Vectorworks and Microsoft Visio
This role is a key contributor to event delivery and client satisfaction. It is critical that you are service-oriented, problem solution focused, flexible and professionally mature.
The venue operates year round, seven days per week across a wide span of hours; you will need to understand and accept that weekend and evening work are part of this role.
For further information on The Concourse, see www.theconcourse.com.au.
Send your resume with a covering letter addressing the criteria to the Operations Manager, David Banks on firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will close Friday 18th October 2019