Meyer Sound has announced MAPP XT™, the first audio system design tool that allows users to design systems with truly useful loudspeaker headroom information. In addition to an updated user interface and new features that streamline workflow, MAPP XT shows the maximum levels to which Meyer Sound loudspeaker systems can be driven while maintaining linear performance, empowering customers to specify high-performance systems that reflect the needs of their shows.
“It’s always been our vision to produce highly accurate sound systems that amplify the source material faithfully at all output levels. MAPP XT provides a whole new way of looking at headroom by showing the full available power capacity of a system while maintaining linearity and regardless of equalization in digital processing,” says Meyer Sound CEO John Meyer.
Headroom information is the most significant new feature in MAPP XT, and can be viewed from the perspectives of two different input signals. They include the traditional broadband pink noise and B-Noise, a new input signal designed to better represent the most common input spectrum in real-world applications.
“As a test signal, pink noise has been an excellent but conservative way for showing system behavior and it rarely reflects actual show content,” continues Meyer. “Introducing B-Noise data and headroom information in MAPP XT is an important step to provide measurements that are independently verifiable and represent the linear performance of Meyer Sound systems in real-world applications so customers get the best results every time.”
Highlights of other new features in MAPP XT:
* The Auto-Splay feature allows users to select the starting and finishing angles and automatically calculates the optimum splay angles between cabinets.
* Factor of Safety shows whether a proposed LEO or LYON array is within limits for the given configuration and angle to help users meet safety standards including 5:1, 7:1, and BGV-C1.
* The Gradient Subwoofer Array Tool quickly and accurately configures cardioid low-frequency arrays with the 500-HP, 900-LFC, and 1100-LFC models, saving valuable time for system designers.
* Trace Store and Recall provide fast comparisons of different configuration options.
* Relative Phase Response data allows users to combine different elements more easily.
* PDF Export promotes easier sharing of system designs among project team members.
The MAPP XT will be released in conjuction with the LEOPARD and 900-LFC. For more information on this product, visit: http://meyersound.com/product/mapp-xt/
Published monthly since 1991, our famous AV industry magazine is free for download or pay for print. Subscribers also receive CX News, our free weekly email with the latest industry news and jobs.