Audio Visual Technician
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: QT Hotels
Location: Gold Coast, QLD
About QT Hotels & Resorts
Excuse me… yes, you. Welcome to QT. Our hotels and resorts stretch from Queenstown to Sydney to Perth and each is unique, just like our people.
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. Together, we create a place of quirky luxury, where service is an art and an honour.
About QT Gold Coast
The beachside destination everyone’s waking up to. QT Gold Coast is your glowing ticket to the epicenter of a cultural gold rush, taking a cool left-hander to stardom by way of music, fashion, food and art done the easy way. Along our famous poolside, a sun-kissed renaissance is blooming at QT GC, paradise for more than the surfers. Coast into Baja cool and unexpected delights, drink and dine in the care of the true aficionados.
QTAV is the internal Audio Visual department at the QT Gold Coast, specialising in bespoke A/V solutions for events and conferences within the hotel. We are seeking highly motivated and experienced AV specialists to manage our highly successful department. The property have recently completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment, with the event spaces a key focus to our business.
- Assists day-to-day floor operations, servicing client needs and ensuring conference/event AV is executed to client expectations;
- Provide clients with onsite technical assistance for meetings;
- Assists the bump in and out, testing, and preparation of QTAV equipment;
- Assists in the operation of audio visual equipment for conferences and events;
- Assists with deployment of AV equipment resources across the property;
- Test equipment and performs maintenance on AV resources;
- Troubleshoot technical faults and provides solutions;
- Assess and maintain proper levels of active resources on site;
- Develop solutions to streamline operational efficiency and client experience;
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to hotel outlets as required;
- Implement and maintain customer service standards;
- Understand and maintain hotel code of ethics and on-brand client interaction;
- Ensuring that all equipment is used properly by clients and that loaned items are returned accordingly.
- Availability to work 20+ hours per week on any given day, including day and night time work;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Eye for detail in stage craft and an attention to detail;
- High level of work ethic and willingness to work until the job is done;
- Enthusiasm towards developing knowledge and skills in audio visual equipment;
- Previous experience within the events, audio visual, and/or live production industry is preferential.
- Discounted movies at Event Cinemas & hefty accommodation savings
- Central location, close to shops, entertainment and all public transport
- Renowned for excellence in guest experiences, design and fine dining
- An ideas-driven, ever-evolving and rapidly expanding company
- We’re connected to our local creative and culinary communities
- Career growth through our Event Entertainment & Hospitality network
Who we are
QT Gold Coast is part of the QT Hotels & Resorts portfolio which includes Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Bondi, Perth, Newcastle, Queenstown and Wellington. QT Hotels & Resorts are part of Event Hospitality, Australia’s premier entertainment, hospitality and leisure company.