CMI Audio & Scientific Acoustics invite you to participate in a 2 day workshop of training on AFMG’s industry standard EASE acoustic simulation software, with Scientific Acoustics’ director Peter Patrick. The course will cover the software’s use from basic level right through to building loudspeaker models and fully functional venue-space models.
Peter Patrick is a veteran audio technician, launching his company Scientific Acoustics in Queensland in 1998, after a 35-year career in tele-communications. Peter is a beta tester for EASE, EASERA and SysTune software. He has convened every EASE training seminar so far held in Australia, sponsoring international guest speakers to complement the sessions he delivers himself.
- Introduction & overview of EASE system capabilities and AFMG family of software products
- Model Construction
- Basics – getting started EASE Program structure – Main window, edit module, viewing modules, database modules, calculating modules
- Options in Main and edit modules – menu conventions & shortcuts
- Building a model from scratch – Shortcuts and tools for unusual shapes – Closing the room – Model detailing – Locating and closing holes – Single and double coat faces – Using the databases
- The Import/export module – Autocad dxf & Sketchup import/export
- Installing Loudspeakers – what the dimensions and settings mean – pitfalls to avoid
- Mapping Loudspeakers – Direct SPL – Total SPL – other measures
- Loudspeaker cluster building – using SPK data files – using GLL files
- Loudspeaker formats in EASE SPK & GLL – Speakerbuilder – FIR maker
- Special Items – objects tables etc.
- Detailed Mapping features – when to use interference – noise settings – calculating dB(A) – distribution – saving mapping
- Ray Tracing – different methods and their values
- The AURA Module – capabilities of the hybrid system- unique calculations
- Auralisation – using EARS – using custom files
- Review of some of the authors models – what works – what does not work.
Thursday 8th & Friday 9th of November, 2018. CMI Music & Audio, 36-38 Export Drive, Brooklyn, Victoria.
Fee: $1500 per person (including lunch each day)
Extremely limited positions, book early to avoid disappointment.
to organise your place.
Published monthly since 1991, our famous AV industry magazine is free for download or pay for print. Subscribers also receive CX News, our free weekly email with the latest industry news and jobs.