Audio Visual Technician – Lighting & Rigging
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Mitch Grant
Phone: 07 4946 9878
Location: Hamilton Island, Northern QLD
AVPartners provide end-to-end audiovisual solutions to premier venues to create extraordinary events. Our in-house partnership with Hamilton Island is flourishing, and our team is expanding to meet these needs.
The conferencing and events industry is fast-paced and dynamic, and our team at Hamilton Island offers a range of world-class services, including:
- Live events – gala dinners, conferences, trade shows, concerts, and weddings
- Hybrid and Online events
- Theming, Staging and Styling
Our people are the heart of our business. We foster fun and rewarding team environments that celebrate success, recognising the efforts of our teams in creating extraordinary events and experiences. We value a workplace that is inclusive, enjoyable, and empowering.
What do we offer?
- Five weeks of holiday leave each year
- Five “ME” days throughout the year: don’t feel like work? Need a “me” day? We hear you!
- Four weeks paid parental leave for either parent
- Monthly team social catch-ups
- Flexible work hours
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Opportunities to travel and work at other venues
About the Role
Reporting to the Venue Partner, you will be responsible for the planning, set-up, operating and pack-down of lighting and rigging elements on some of Australia’s largest events. You’ll be in the action, utilising state-of-the-art lighting and rigging event technology. This will require an equal balance of working autonomously and within a team environment.
Based in the Whitsundays’ picturesque surroundings, this is a unique position as it offers a lifestyle change with the opportunity to live on Hamilton Island, Australia’s premier island resort.
- Professional appearance and demeanour, corporate experience.
- Are excited about changing technology.
- Want to work in a team that is excited about what they do.
- Are keen to be part of an industry that creates memorable experiences.
- Can work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Have extensive knowledge of lighting and rigging production
- Knowledge of Chamsys and/or GrandMA lighting consoles/systems
- High-Risk Work Licence – Intermediate Rigging
- Current Boom EWP Licence
- Customer Service Experience
- Ability to lead or work within a team
- Strong desire to develop and learn new skills
If the above resonates with you, please apply today. We are looking for people who are eager to learn and excited about the possibilities in the events industry. We will provide all training and coaching on location.
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
How many years’ experience do you have as an Audio Visual Technician?
Do you have a current licence to operate an Elevating Work Platform (EWP)?
Do you have customer service experience?
Which of the following High Risk Work licences do you have?
How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Which of the following height safety tickets have you completed?
Apply via SEEK: https://www.seek.com.au/job/73434106/apply?sol=9646639693ca50fd393b95c97bd57e9957b87c89