Lighting Control Technician – Trainee
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Harry Simidis
Location: Baulkham Hills, New South Wales, Australia
A vacancy for a Trainee – Lighting Control System Technician has come about within the team.
A$75,000/yr – A$105,000/yr Hybrid Full-time
Why Join Us?
- A competitive salary
- Company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone
- Opportunity for heaps of job variety
- Plenty of job satisfaction for the right person depending on qualifications, experience and attitude.
- On-the-job training & other relevant training courses available.
Control Freq based in Bella Vista, was originally established to provide a customized service to electricians who wanted to offer a more specialized Home Automation service to their clients.
Since then, we’ve become a leader in the diagnosis, repair, service and maintenance of lighting control systems.
We also specialise in custom design and supply of lighting controls for office fit-outs, themed restaurants, industrial applications and luxury homes.
About the Role
If you have experience as a field technician, looking to upskill or enjoy being challenged under pressure, using your electrical experience and fault finding skills, then this could be the role for you.
Your daily duties would include but not be limited to:
- Field servicing of C-Bus, Dynalite and other systems
- Fault-finding, diagnosis and rectification of lighting control system issues
- Having the opportunity to learn advanced programming for C-Bus, Dynalite and other control systems
- Installation of Security, Intercom, Access Control and Data network systems
- Climbing up ladders to install cameras, pull cables, get into ceiling spaces or under floor areas
- Working in the office and on site
- Create, update and maintain project documentation using Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
- Travel to various sites around Sydney and surrounding areas, on different projects
The ideal team member we’re looking for must have the following minimum basic skills and attributes:
- The right to work in Australia (Australian citizens and Permanent Resident status only need apply)
- Excellent communication skills , both written and verbal .
- Current valid NSW driver’s licence.
- Electrical contracting license
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work on site, with tools and enjoys getting their hands dirty
- Able to perform in stressful situations while trying to solve problems and find solutions for our clients
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours to meet deadlines or to accommodate the restrictions of client businesses when the need arises
Favourable consideration will be given to those applicants who also have:
- White Card
- Open Cabling License holder (endorsements will be highly regarded)
- Experience in fault finding referencing schematics and drawings.
- Use laptops or PC’s and computer programs on a daily basis
- Has own basic tools such as power tools, screwdriver set, pliers, side cutters, steel cap boots etc
- Proven experience in programming systems such as C-Bus, Dynalite, DALI, KNX, Ness M1, RTI and Crestron amongst others (highly regarded)
How to apply
If you have any queries about the role please contact Harry on 0406667999.
We look forward to hearing from you!