The new DriveCore™ Install series amplifiers is a complete line of high performance installation amps based on the proprietary DriveCore™ technology. DCi Series amps are designed, engineered, and manufactured to the industry’s highest quality standards, and provide system integrators with the advanced features and flexibility required for challenging 21st century installed sound applications. Versatile, compact, and highly energy-efficient, the DCi Series amplifiers continue the unbroken Crown tradition of leadership in professional and commercial power amplifier technology.
The new DriveCore Install (DCi) Network Display Series is no different. With the introduction of the DCi Network Display 8|600ND (8 channel, 600W) and 4|1250ND (4 channel, 1250W) power amplifiers, both featuring a front-panel LCD status the newest DCi Series will bring reliable audio performance and networked operation to AVB-based audio/video systems.
The new offering of the DCi Network Display builds upon the standard that Crown® DCi Series has set in the industry by introducing a host of new features. Immediately, the most noticeable feature is the front-panel LCD display and LED indicators that provide instant information about key parameters, such as DSP functions or level clip and thermal information. Paired with this new, easy to understand interface is a large multifunction knob and push buttons to enable instant access to the control functions. Rest assured the DCi Network Display is compatible with HiQnet Audio Architect™ systems, and is configured to work seamlessly with TCP/IP-based protocol for network monitoring and control.
- DriveCore™ – A culmination of nearly two decades of R&D in PWM and switch-mode amplification, DriveCore is a Crown exclusive that combines hundreds of parts into one chip the size of a your fingertip, resulting in more efficiencies and unsurpassed reliability. Learn more about DriveCore technology here: http://www.crownaudio.com/usa/drivecore.htm.
- True Rack Density – power points of 300W or 600W in 2/4/8 channel configurations and 1250W in 2/4 channel configurations. Includes bridgable outputs of 300-2500W, all in a 2U form factor, providing flexibility in designs.
- Direct Drive Constant Voltage – Save money by using smaller gauge wiring to drive the speakers using either 70Vrms or 100Vrms. With no need for a step-up transformer at the output, the DCi produces higher audio quality much more efficiently.
- Channel Independent High-Z/Low-Z Selection – Drive either one or two speakers in low-Z mode, or literally hundreds of speakers in high-Z mode (70Vrms or100Vrms). This means better design flexibility since DCi powers all loads on a channel-by-channel basis.
- Bridgeable Channel Pairs – Unlike amps from other manufacturers, the DCi Series channels are bridgeable – even in 100Vrms mode – which means even more adaptability for higher power applications such as subwoofers.
- Remote On/Off Interface – Save power by integrating the amplifier into a control system so you can easily turn it on and off.
- Efficient Cooling Design – Highly efficient internal cooling fans provide airflow to the most heat-generating parts. Incorporating the fans into the amplifier brick design maximizes cooling while minimizing wasted energy and noise.
- Advanced Power Factor Correction Universal Power Supply – The most advanced power supply in an installation amplifier delivers power more efficiently in almost any condition than anyone else, resulting in less power dissipated and less heat in your racks.
For further information visit www.jands.com.au or call 02 9582 0909.
Published monthly since 1991, our famous AV industry magazine is free for download or pay for print. Subscribers also receive CX News, our free weekly email with the latest industry news and jobs.