Head Technician – Audio Visual
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC) is one of Australia’s leading centres for live performance. Welcoming over 1.5 million visitors to more than 1200 performances each year, we embrace the best in live performance – the world renowned alongside the emerging, local and new – and connect to the stories and ideas at the heart of each production. Through the warmth and expertise of our staff, we have become a trusted curator, presenter and host; a place to come together to relax, reflect, share stories and celebrate.
An exceptional opportunity currently exists for an experienced individual to join us in the casual position of Head Technician – Audio Visual. Of the three positions available, we are looking to appoint two (2) individuals who have a background in audio and one (1) individual who has a background in vision.
Reporting to the Manager – Audio Visual, you will be responsible for supervising and leading Audio Visual department functions within the Production Services Unit to provide hands-on professional, client focused services to venue hirers and other QPAC units. You will also be responsible for supervising and leading the broadcast and content creation function including, multi-track recording/mixing, live broadcast mixing, audio and/or video post-production.
Key components of this role include the following duties in either the Audio and/or Visual function-
- Audio – Plan, design, build and operate audio equipment for large complex live events, including content creation, performing multi-track recording, broadcast mixing, audio post-production and running turn around crews.
- Visual – plan, design and operate visual equipment for large complex live events, including in content creation, projection, playback, signal distribution, video editing, broadcasting – switching/directing cameras, CCU, etc and visual post-production using non-linear edit suites (NLE’s).
The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on experience, ideally within multi-venue theatre centre or touring theatre experience within the performing arts industry. In addition, you will have demonstrated planning and operational experience within large and complex events in either an audio and/or visual capacity along with broadcast and/or content creation experience. The successful candidate will also possess:
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting audio and/or visual designs, technical requirements and specifications on a diverse range of performances.
- Demonstrated experience in either of the following functions within large complex events-
- Audio – Demonstrated experience in planning, designing, building and operating audio equipment, including multi-track recording, broadcast mixing and audio post-production, along with experience in running turn around crews.
- Visual – demonstrated experience in planning, designing, building and operating visual equipment, including projection, playback, signal distribution, video editing, broadcast switching and directing cameras, CCUs during a live broadcast plus visual post-production using non-linear edit suites (NLE’s).
- Demonstrated experience in DiGiCo, Yamaha consoles, Dante, MADI and Optocore sytems, L-Acoustics and Meyer Sound.
- Demonstrated ability to use MacOS and software including – QLab, Logic, Pro Presenter, Resolve, Adobe CS etc.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, motivating, supporting and supervising large number of employees in a hands-on team environment, in multiple venues and to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability in assisting on-the-job training and developing staff whist in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service in a high-pressure, cost-conscious environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application pack, including the position description and details on how to apply, can be found at www.qpac.com.au/careers/jobs. For any queries, please contact the People and Safety Unit on (07) 3840 7915.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 4 October 2021 at 5:00pm.
Apply directlyvia QPAC’s website at https://www.qpac.com.au/careers/jobs
The Queensland Performing Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer.