Head Technician – Audio Visual
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: People and Safety Unit
Phone: (07) 3840 7425
Location: South Brisbane, Brisbane QLD
We are currently seeking applications for the part-time or casual role of Head Technician – Audio Visual.
Reporting to the Manager – Audio Visual, you will be responsible for supervising and leading Audio-Visual department functions within the Production Services Unit to provide hands-on professional, client focused services to venue hirers and other QPAC units. You will also be responsible for supervising and leading the broadcast and content creation function including, multi-track recording/mixing, live broadcast mixing, audio and/or video post-production.
Key components of this role include the following duties in either the Audio and/or Visual function:
- Audio – Plan, design, build and operate audio equipment for large complex live events, including content creation, performing multi-track recording, broadcast mixing, audio post-production and running turn around crews.
- Visual – plan, design and operate visual equipment for large complex live events, including in content creation, projection, playback, signal distribution, video editing, broadcasting – switching/directing cameras, CCU, etc and visual post-production using non-linear edit suites (NLE’s).
The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on experience, ideally within multi-venue theatre centre or touring theatre experience within the performing arts industry. In addition, you will have demonstrated planning and operational experience within large and complex events in either an audio and/or visual capacity along with broadcast and/or content creation experience.
The successful candidate will also possess:
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting audio and/or visual designs, technical requirements and specifications on a diverse range of performances.
- Demonstrated experience in Digico, Yamaha consoles, Dante, MADI and Optocore sytems, L’Acoustic and Meyer.
- Demonstrated ability to use Mac OS and software including – Qlab, Logic, Pro Presenter, Resolve, Adobe CS etc.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service in a high-pressure, cost-conscious environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, motivating, supporting and supervising large number of employees in a hands-on team environment, in multiple venues.
- Demonstrated ability in assisting on-the-job training and developing staff whist in a high-pressure environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply with your resume and cover letter. To request a copy of the position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries, please contact the People and Safety Unit on (07) 3840 7425.
The closing date for applications is 9:00 am, Monday 16 October 2023