Name: Courtney Giles
Phone: 02 9250 1720
Thank you for your interest in the Lighting Supervisor position with the Sydney Theatre Company.
The Lighting Supervisor is responsible for providing support to the Sydney Theatre Company in a range of theatre projects in the pre-production, run and post-production periods. The role will provide lighting advice to The Sydney Theatre Company and stakeholders in a range of theatre venues. The role is responsible for delivering on time and within budget by utilising production and organisational resources to plan, implement, and achieve set goals and objectives.
The Lighting Supervisor will act as Lighting Supervisor for shows as required by the Lighting Manager and Head of Technical Operations. To achieve this the Lighting Supervisor will work closely with Production Managers to deliver the Lighting elements for all designated company projects using industry best practice. The role is responsible for the on-going maintenance of the Lighting Department requirements.
Hours of Work
This position is for an initial two-year fixed term.
The ordinary hours of work are 38 hours week. However, the nature of working for a theatre company and requirements of this position require a degree of flexibility, and will include overtime work.
The position will be based at our venues, The Wharf & the Roslyn Packer Theatre in Walsh Bay.
Wages and Entitlements
- The wage will be commensurate with a level 6 full-time employee award rate as defined in the STC’s Enterprise Agreement 2020-2022.
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro-rata)
- Complimentary tickets to STC productions (subject to availability)
- 10.5% superannuation
In order to make your application for this position, please forward your resume and a cover letter briefly demonstrating how your experience is applicable to this position as outlined in the criteria below. Please note, applications which to not address the selection criteria in a cover letter will not be accepted.
- Experience in Lighting in a similar role in the Theatre context.
- Expert knowledge of Lighting technology and systems for live performance.
- Advanced knowledge of ETC Eos lighting control platform with the ability to program complex productions.
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, with strong interpersonal sensitivity.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter and an ability to lead a technical team.
- A high level of understanding of Work Health and Safety legislation and procedures as related to the theatre and entertainment industries with proven experience of implementing these requirements in a sympathetic manner.
- Thorough understanding of Sydney Theatre Company’s current Theatrical Certified Agreement and how it relates to Live Performance Award.
- Advanced computer skills including use of CAD software.
- An appreciation of the art form of theatre, especially in an Australian context.
For a copy of the complete Job Pack, please visit our website: https://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/about/careers
In order to make your application for this position, please forward your resume and a cover letter briefly demonstrating relevant experience to: email@example.com by 9am Monday 19th April 2021
* Must be Australian resident or hold current, appropriate working visa
Sydney Theatre Company encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, mature age workers, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTI+) people.
For a full copy of the Sydney Theatre Company’s Cultural Representation Pledge, please visit our website: https://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/about/stc-commitments/cultural-representation-pledge