Senior Technician – Lighting
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Ruta Berzkalns
Phone: 07 3308 3062
Location: South Brisbane Brisbane
The Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre seeks enthusiastic and engaged people to deliver incredible events and world class experiences to the highest levels of personal service. BCEC sits at the heart of Brisbane’s bustling South Bank cultural and entertainment precinct; home to art galleries, world class performing arts, and superb riverside dining. Managed by ASM Global, international venue management specialists, our venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences. At the Centre we strive to create a working environment that rewards excellence and creates opportunities for advancement, while ensuring a balance between work, family and community.
- Friendly and outgoing
- Reliable and committed
- Passion for events
- Refined specialist skills with a firm knowledge of Lighting equipment and systems
- Previous operating experience in a corporate or a major venue
- Team player who commits to delivering only the very best customer experience
- Skilled in coaching and guiding your crew and sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts over a 7 day period, day and night
- Pride in your work that clearly shows attention to detail and care
About the role….
- This hands on role requires you to ensure lighting equipment and systems are maintained and functional
- Assist with supervision, training and development of the production crew
- Generate schedules, lighting patch and plots, job sheets and other event related documentation in a timely manner
- Ensure lighting equipment and systems are always maintained and functional
- Identify repairs and preventative maintenance as necessary
- Install and operate lighting equipment as required
- Participate in Production Meetings and support the Production Manager Rigging & Lighting as required
- Ensure that all team members maintain their work environment in a clean, safe and secure manner
Please note applicants must have Australian residency or permanent resident status. The successful applicant will be required to provide the Centre with a National Police Check Certificate Name Only (Police Check).
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be part of an enthusiastic and committed team working in a world’s best convention showpiece, we welcome your application.
Applications close 5pm Friday 18 August 2023