Senior Technician – Lighting
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Geelong Arts Centre
Location: Geelong, VIC
Geelong Arts Centre is undergoing a complete technical restructure offering several exceptional new roles. We are making significant investment in training & development opportunities to empower our technical teams to help bring magic to life on stage. Now is the time and this is the opportunity to progress your career and redefine what your future in technical operations looks like for you.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Geelong Arts Centre team in the role of Senior Technician.
Lighting is part of a team charged with delivering technical production services to the highest of standards within all Geelong Arts Centre venues and performance spaces. This position is customer focused and supports presenters to achieve excellence in their field, drawing on a high level of skills and experience as a technical operator, together with a comprehensive understanding of Lighting equipment and systems.
The Senior Technician – Lighting provides specialist advice and assistance in planning and executing production and technical requirements, including tasks to ensure Lighting assets are properly stored, maintained and that equipment is operational with documentation maintained. As a key member of the Lighting and Vision team, the Senior Technician – Lighting supports the Head of Lighting and Vision in development and performance of the team, assisting with resource movements, administration, safety and training. The incumbent also provides supervision of the broader technical team whilst working on shows or maintenance shifts and will participate in the operation of lighting equipment for preproduction, rigging, rehearsal, performances, recordings, and de-rigging of shows and events in line with budgeted schedules.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in preparing, documenting, and operating Lighting systems in a large-scale theatre or similar venue.
- A comprehensive understanding of lighting equipment used in the industry including familiarity with all aspects of lighting system networking (ARTNET, sACN, DMX), Patching, and Programming.
- Knowledge and understanding of the theory involved in lighting concepts and how to achieve and create specific lighting and visual artistic effects.
- Experience in applying this knowledge for different situations including stand-alone systems.
- Understand the concepts of signal flow and their application so as to link and connect Lighting equipment correctly.
- Ability to resolve issues and convey technical information to people with a non-technical background.
- Knowledge of theatrical lighting design and the ability to program efficiently.
- Understanding of health and safety requirements in a Theatre/performing arts environment.
- Experience operating GrandMA 3 and ETC Eos consoles.
Please Note: This role is offered as a 12-Month fixed-term, full time appointment. Pending government funding it is intended that, if successful in their appointment, the appointed candidate will have their contract renewed for a further 12 month period. Following this renewal the opportunity to have the position become permanent, ongoing will be made available to the successful employee.
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this opportunity please click the Apply button and provide a cover letter including your ability to meet the key requirements outlined in the position description, and a current CV. Please direct any queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org and make reference to the role you’re enquiring for.
Applications close: Midnight Monday 17 April 2023