Audio Visual Technician
Name: Pro AV Solutions
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Pro AV Solutions is Australia’s leading Professional Audio-visual, Collaboration and Unified Communications Solutions specialists, offering a comprehensive portfolio of B2B solutions to our customers in the Government, Education, Medical, Corporate, and Large Venue business sectors.
Pro AV Solutions is immediately seeking the services of a highly motivated individual to join our team, in an Audio-Visual Technician role, based in our Brisbane office.
Pro AV Solutions is an Industry Leader and part of the Global Alliance, which provides you with access to the vast amounts of training and technical expertise the Industry has to offer.
If you have a genuine interest in the Audio-Visual industry and have developed a solid understanding of installation fundamentals be that in AV/IT, Electrical, Data and/or Security, we are keen to invest in your development.
- The role requires the individual to work closely with the assigned Team Leader to complete the Installation of commercial Audio Vidual product into a variety of projects.
- Pro AV Solutions provides the Installation team with High-level documentation, pre-staged and built equipment, transport to site, full range of tools, and support resources to complete the tasks in an efficient and professional manner.
- The role also provides the individual to build their industry knowledge and skills base through our skills and development program.
- Proven success in previous roles with Minimum 2 years’ experience
- An understanding of structured cabling and the installation process
- The ability to complete the following tasks
- Understand and follow SWMS
- Interpreted an LLD, follow floor plans, elevations & schematics
- Correct use of ladders and mobile scaffold
- Use of hand tools including Laser, Nailing gun, power saws & drills
- Cable rough-in, including catenary, lacing & separation
- Hardware build of lecterns, trolleys & Racks including all terminations
- Installation of surface ducting and mounting blocks, Uni-strut systems and cable tray
- Fit off wall plates and endpoints, solder/crimp, RJ45, punch down
- Installation of Hardware include projectors, screens/screen boxes displays, whiteboard, touch panels, keypads, speakers etc
- Installation of mounting bracketry wall & ceiling
- Proficient in the use of all test equipment, HDBT, Signal & Cat
- Strong communication skills
- A knowledge of AV products including Extron, Crestron, AMX, Kramer Etc. desirable
- Be reliable and trustworthy.
- This role also requires that you ideally hold your ACMA Open Cabling Licence, ACMA Structured Cabling Endorsement, WP ticket SL, BL, VL (Yellow Card). You must have a General Safety Induction (White Card QLD), E and a valid Australian drivers’ license,
To succeed in this role, you must be highly motivated, with a passion for providing a great commercial and customer service experience, and ideally looking to gain experience to further your career.
If you are seeking a genuine career opportunity and would like to be a crucial member of our expansion in this region, this exciting role is for you.