Senior Audio and AV Systems Engineer
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Jobs NSW Helpdesk
Phone: 1800 562 679
Location: Sydney NSW
Job Status: Ongoing, Full Time
Salary: Base salary of $104.950 per annum plus 11% superannuation contributions
Position No: SOH2329
Role Closes: Sunday 4th February 2024
Role Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Enquiries: Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679
An organisation where diversity of thought & experience is valued, supported & respected.
The Sydney Opera House is the number one tourist destination and the busiest Performing Arts centre in the Country. We are able to achieve this because of our incredibly hardworking and passionate people. Be part of shaping our future where you will be provided with opportunities to grow and develop, while making a positive contribution to our community.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
YOUR NEW ROLE
The position works collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth and effective delivery of audio & AV systems and associated infrastructure including system design and engineering.
The position holder is responsible for leading the maintenance of the Sound & AV systems and equipment used throughout the Sydney Opera House.
The role ensures that systems and equipment are kept in optimal operating condition and proactively plans maintenance, software and firmware updates, and suggests upgrades to the HOD accordingly.
The core responsibilities for this role will be conducted on weekdays during standard business hours. However, due to the nature of the business, periodical weekend and after-hours commitments will be necessary to facilitate maintenance and upgrades at our venues outside of scheduled events.
Further detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a live technical environment, with excellent knowledge of audio and vision systems, infrastructures and protocols.
- Comprehensive Audio and AV systems engineering, maintenance and optimization experience.
- Demonstrated high-level track record of project management for Sound and AV Systems & equipment maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of team leadership responsibilities under WHS.
- Experience in the maintenance and calibration of sensitive audio and vision
- Strong knowledge of computer-related technologies including live production audio & vision design tools, networking protocols and Audio/Video over IP implementation.
The Sydney Opera House gives you access to a fantastic range of benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 5 week’s annual leave.
- Access to a range of professional development programs and staff engagement initiatives.
- Staff community groups like SOH Pride, First Nations Staff Network, Sustainable Environmental Action Leaders (aka ‘SEALs’) and more.
- Fitness Passport & complimentary wellbeing programs including Pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physiotherapy sessions as well as other wellbeing initiatives.
- Working for an organisation with a 6 Star Green Star Performance Rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA).
- Working for an organisation who has committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Complimentary tickets to shows.
- And many more!
OUR FOCUS ON DIVERSITY, INCLUSION & BELONGING
We are an inclusive employer who recognises everyone is unique, we welcome you for who you are – as you are, so if you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email us at email@example.com so we can discuss this further. If you think you’d be a great fit but don’t necessarily tick every box of the role description, please still get in touch. Read more about our DI&B commitments outline in our Strategy, which works hand in hand with the commitments in our longstanding Reconciliation, Accessibility and Environmental Action plans.
We welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, recognising the value, unique skills, and knowledge that First Nations employees bring to the workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, as well as people from one or more of these underrepresented groups/communities, including but not limited to d/Deaf and Disabled people/people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people who identify as LGBTIQ+.
NEED TO WORK FLEXIBLY?
We know flexibility means different things to different people, let us know how we can best support you to be your best.
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY NOW
Applicants are asked to please create a profile at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au and follow the prompts which will include uploading an up to date resume and cover letter (no more than one page).
In addition, applicants will be prompted to answer the two following targeted questions in the online application platform.
- Can you share a specific example from your past roles where you successfully managed a project related to the maintenance and optimization of Sound and AV systems? What challenges did you face, and how did you overcome them to ensure the systems were kept in optimal operating condition?
- Describe a situation where you successfully demonstrated your competency in troubleshooting complex AoIP and VoIP networks, emphasizing your knowledge of computer-related technologies and your ability to ensure optimal functioning of audio and vision systems in a collaborative and dynamic work environment..
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment. The assessment seeks information only relevant to performing the inherent requirements of the job, it remains strictly confidential and applicants will be informed of the result.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies