Name: Courtney Giles
Thank you for your interest in the Staging Supervisor position with the Sydney Theatre Company.
The Staging Supervisor is responsible for providing technical expertise and support to Sydney Theatre Company in a range of world class theatre projects and events. The role will provide staging advice to Sydney Theatre Company and stakeholders in a range of theatre venues. The role is responsible for delivering on time and within budget by utilising production and organisational resources to plan, implement, and achieve set goals and objectives.
Please note that this role will initially mainly focus on learning and operating the automated fly system at the Roslyn Packer Theatre before eventually expanding to incorporate the supervisor duties required of the role.
Hours of Work
This position is for an initial two-year fixed term.
The ordinary hours of work are 38 hours week. However, the nature of working for a theatre company and requirements of this position require a degree of flexibility, and will include overtime work.
The position is based at the Wharf 4/5 Hickson Road and the Roslyn Packer Theatre, Walsh Bay.
Wages and Entitlements
- The wage will be commensurate with a Full-time Level 6 Award Rate as defined in the STC’s Enterprise Agreement 2020-2022.
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro-rata)
- Complimentary tickets to STC productions
- 11% superannuation
- Experience in staging in a similar role in in a similar role in a producing theatre company or similar.
- Expert knowledge of staging technology and systems for live performance.
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, with strong interpersonal sensitivity.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter and an ability to lead a technical team.
- A high level of understanding of Work Health and Safety legislation and procedures as related to the theatre and entertainment industries with proven experience of implementing these requirements in a sympathetic manner.
- Thorough understanding of Sydney Theatre Company’s current Theatrical Certified Agreement and how it relates to Live Performance Award.
- Computer skills including database, email and excel
- An appreciation of the art form of theatre, especially in an Australian context.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in specifying, installing, and operating complex staging systems including revolves, elevators, tracks, automated, single and double purchase fly systems
In order to make your application for this position, please forward your resume and a cover letter briefly demonstrating relevant experience to: email@example.com by 9am, Tuesday 26th April 2022.
* Must be Australian resident or hold current, appropriate working visa
Sydney Theatre Company encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, mature age workers, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTI+) people.
For a full copy of the Sydney Theatre Company’s Cultural Representation Pledge, please visit our website: https://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/about/stc-commitments/cultural-representation-pledge